Description by the Software Developer:
"fSekrit is a small application for keeping encrypted notes.
The real advantage of fSekrit is that notes are truly self-contained; the editor program and your note are merged together into a tiny self-contained program file, removing the need to install a special application to view your data.
This makes fSekrit ideal for keeping encrypted notes on, for example, USB flash drives.
Another advantage of using fSekrit is that your un-encrypted data is never stored on your harddisk. With a traditional encryption utility you would have to decrypt your file to disk, view or edit it, and then re-encrypt it, and unless you use secure file wiping tools, it would be a trivial matter for someone to to retrieve your un-encrypted data, even though you have deleted it. This can't be done with fSekrit, though, since it never stores your un-encrypted data on disk.
fSekrit uses very strong encryption (256-bit AES/Rijndael in CBC mode) to ensure that your data is never at risk.
Self contained fSekrit note files are tiny! Only 60k plus the size of your text."
Pegasus Mail 4.73
Pegasus Mail does all the basics of e-mail, and far more than that... This list is by no means comprehensive - it concentrates on the highlights.
- Security: Pegasus Mail protects you from even the worst HTML-borne virus and trojans, and protects your privacy by intercepting web bugs.
- View your folders in either a multi-pane mode or in Pegasus Mail's powerful "classic" mode, where each folder has its own window and can be manipulated separately. Switching between these views is as simple as clicking a single button.
- Mail filtering; Pegasus Mail pioneered this in 1991, and it's still the most powerful implementation of automated rule-based filtering you'll find in a mail client.
- Content control allows you to apply comprehensive rules to trap spam and unwanted mail.
- MailMerge allows you to create customized form letters to multiple recipients.
- Support for all major Internet mail-related protocols - SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, PH.
- SSL Support on all protocols for secure mail access.
- Distribution lists allow easy management of large mailing databases.
- Support for multiple "identities" - easily-selectable groups of preference settings.
- Support for multiple users on the same machine as well as on networks.
- Multiple folder formats and the ability to "mount" other users mailboxes on your desktop.
- Powerful message editor with full formatting capabilities.
- Full support for the Internet MIME protocol, including digests and alternative message types.
- Comprehensive HTML mail generation, in a responsible form - no remote images, scripts or other nasties, just a good range of tables, images and the other formatting you need for real mail.
- Powerful, multiple addressbooks with aliasing ("nicknames") and full user detail records.
- Automatic listing of local users.
- Complete support for Novell NetWare local area networks, in both NDS and Bindery modes.
- Selective download allows you to preview a POP3 mailbox before downloading it.
- Offline operation allows you to read and compose your mail while you are not connected to the Internet.
- Many ease-of-use features, including easily-accessible lists of recently-used addresses, directories and files, and address completion in any address field.
- Message reader supports wrapping options to handle even the most deviant messages.
- Rich plugin interface allows third-party extensions and mail forms to be developed.
- Template interface allows you to design complex mail forms using a simple text editor.
- Spell-checker, with UK English and US English dictionary, and user dictionary additions.
- Highlight signficant messages using your own colour schemes.
- Sort your mail by date, size, sender, subject, colour or thread, in ascending or descending order.
- Grouped views allow you powerful extended views of the mail in your folders, including presenting message threads based on their activity.
- View attachments directly from within the program.
- Supports confirmation of reading and confirmation of delivery requests.
- Glossaries allow you to store commonly-used texts and expand them with a single keystroke.
- Automatic replies and automatic forwarding when interfaced with our Mercury mail server.
- Powerful encryption interface - the program has its own encryptor, and by adding readily available plugins, can support encryptors such as PGP.
- Noticeboards allow controlled posting and reading in public mail areas, much like Internet news.
- Optional copies to self ("sent mail" in other programs), with the ability to prompt for a folder where the copy should be placed, and full mail filtering support to file your copies.
- Selectable and user-adjustable toolbars.
- Incredibly rich preferences set allows you to control practically every aspect of the program.
- Rich options for reporting new mail while the program is minimized on your desktop.
- Automatic hyperlinking of URLs and e-mail addresses, even in non-HTML messages.
- Over 300KB of well-indexed, logically-arranged online help.
- Drag and drop attachments from the desktop to Pegasus Mail.
- Notepads give you an easily-accessible workspace for storing notes and work in progress.
- Circulation messages allow you to send a message or document to successive people in order for comment and amendment.
- Full DDE interface.
- Telephone message form for the office environment.
- Support for multiple simultaneously accessible POP3 and IMAP mailboxes.
- Powerful Select feature allows you to select messages based on arbitrarily complex conditions.
- ... and much more. The program is free - download it and see if it has the features you need.
"This classroom and computer lab software is perfect for teachers, instructors or administrators.
UserMonitor shows you what other network computer users see on their display screens. All programs being used are also listed (with path detail) in real time. A history function is included. Teachers may receive warning messages when students run unauthorized software.
UserMonitor excels at presenting lessons or showing practical examples for training purposes. Instructors may duplicate their display screen on students' computers or blank students' screens to show examples.
Built-in Support Features:
You may write messages to any computer in the network or close unwanted programs."