McAfee VirusScan 13.3.117
McAfee VirusScan takes anti-virus protection to the next level, integrating elements of intrusion prevention and firewall technology into a single solution for PCs and file servers. This powerful combination delivers truly proactive protection from the newest of today’s threats—including buffer-overflow exploits and blended attacks—and features advanced outbreak management responses to reduce the damage and costs of outbreaks. Everything is managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator® or ProtectionPilot™ for scalable security policy compliance and graphical reporting.
- Comprehensive McAfee anti-virus protection: The McAfee anti-virus scan engine stops every type of virus and malicious code threat, including macro viruses, Trojans, Internet worms, advanced 32-bit viruses, and even hostile ActiveX and Java objects. Using technology that drills down into compressed data, VirusScan is also able to find hidden threats buried in .zip and other compressed file types. Proactive protection is delivered through advanced heuristics and generic detection, which allow VirusScan to protect—in advance—against new, unseen viruses and other threats.
- Potentially unwanted program security: Automatic detection of potentially unwanted programs helps keep businesses and users safe from hidden programs that track Internet usage, access personal data such as passwords and account information, or open security holes. Users or administrators can select one of several responses (Alert, Clean, Remove, and Quarantine) for VirusScan to take when it detects a potentially unwanted program. Administrators can even define a custom list of company-specific unwanted programs such as adware, dialers, or joke programs to help keep company end-point systems COE compliant.
- Buffer overflow prevention (IPS feature): VirusScan protects against buffer overflows for approximately 20 of the most commonly used and exploited software applications and Microsoft® Windows® OS services, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook, and SQL Server. Administrators have the ability to create exceptions by process when necessary.
- Complete outbreak response: The built-in outbreak response features in VirusScan provide protection from new viruses before DAT files are available, enabling administrators to take action in the crucial vulnerability window that exists after a virus is identified but before a DAT has been released.
- Powerful memory scanning: VirusScan has enhanced scanning functionality to include on-demand and scheduled in-memory scanning for viruses, worms, and Trojans. This protects your systems from threats such as CodeRed and SQLSlammer, which don’t write their code to disk, by removing the process from memory.
- Enhanced email scanning: VirusScan can scan all Lotus Notes client email coming to the desktop—both HTML text and attachments—in addition to Microsoft Outlook. Support is extended to systems with both Outlook and Lotus clients installed.
- Optimized for mobile users: Geographical server routing allows field updates to be optimized based on physical location and connection speed, while file sizes are small enough to be easily downloaded across slow network connections such as dial-up. Resumable updating enables remote users to resume updates at a later date, even if their connection is broken.
"Download" links to the McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise Downloads page (HTTPS).