DIManager 220.127.116.112 BetaDescription by the Software Developer:
"DIManager is a small, practical tool to quickly save and restore the position of desktop icons.
When the screen resolution changes, Windows often automatically repositions the icons on the desktop. These then have to be rearranged manually to their customary positions. Here is where DIManager comes to the rescue: One click, and the original order is instantly restored!
The use of this tool is absolutely simple. Two options are available to the user for saving the current icon positions: "Quick save..." and "Save in profile...". The second alternative offers the possibility to save an individual profile for each and every screen resolution. A particular profile can then be selected and loaded with a click of the mouse key. Moreover, DIManager also provides the option to add a Save and a Restore menu item to the context menu of the recycle bin, where they can be conveniently accessed and instantly activated. Lastly, the highest degree of comfort is provided by the option in the settings to automatically restore the icon postions whenever the screen resolution changes. In this case no user intervention is needed.
DIManager requires no installation: A double click directly starts the tool.
- Individual icon profiles for different screen resolutions/users
- Live view of the icons on the mini-desktop
- Optional automatic icon restoration on resolution change
- Option to check icon positions at regular intervals
- Automatic update function
- Compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / NT4 / Vista 32BIT / 95 / 98 / ME
- and several other functions
DIManager is currently available in German, English, Italiano and Swedish."